The school aims to make all bus journeys safe and enjoyable for all students. We have put the procedures below in order to ensure this.
Pick up/Drop off
- Parents are asked to have their children at the pickup location on time. The buses will leave at the designated time.
- Please do not call the monitor to delay the bus because you are running a little late. The monitor has been told to ensure the bus leaves on time.
- Parents should ensure there is someone at the stop on time to collect the child – should there be no one to collect, the child will be brought back to the school and the parents will be required to provide transport for the child
- Parents should inform the school of any changes to contact details
- Parents should inform the school by email of any changes to bus usage e.g. if a child will not be travelling on the bus on a specific day or if they require a different bus
- If your child will not using the bus at any time, please either inform the bus monitor or call or email the school no later than 1.15pm on the day. If you call after this time, the bus monitors may not receive the message and your child may be taken to the bus. Please contact Mrs Eames
or call 02 501 4888
- Children are supervised at all times by a member of staff in the atrium area while awaiting bus monitors
- Bus monitors will take a register when on the bus to ensure all children are accounted for
- A member of staff will remain in the atrium area until 2.35pm to ensure any delayed children are not left in this area
- Any children who are delayed must ensure a message is sent to their bus monitor
- Children must be on the bus no later than 2.35pm as many of the buses have a second trip therefore the buses cannot wait
- Any child who misses the bus must report to the reception area and parents will be contacted as soon as possible – please be aware there are often a large number of uncollected children in the reception area at this time and we will aim to contact parents as quickly as possible
- If the required bus or another bus will be going to the child's stop on a second journey, we will aim to put them on this bus providing there is adequate space
To ensure a safe and enjoyable journey, there are some rules that need to be adhered to on all buses. Please ensure that your child is aware of these so that all bus trips are as incident free as possible.
- Children should only be travelling on their allocated buses and no additional children are permitted to travel on the school buses due to health and safety reasons
- Children are not permitted to eat or drink on the bus – they are allowed to drink water only
- Children must use seatbelts at all times
- On days when there are ECAs, children with no clubs must travel on the first bus and only use the second bus if they have an activity. Children should not remain in school if they do not have an ECA.
- Windows are not to be opened as the buses are air conditioned
- Courtesy and consideration must be shown at all times to other children and to the bus monitors
- The bus monitor has overall charge of the bus
- Any cost associated with vandalism e.g. curtains pulled off railings, writing on seats, etc. shall be recovered from the parents and children may be withdrawn from using the bus
- We expect good behaviour from children at all times.
Where there are instances of behaviour being below our expectations the following procedure will be implemented:
- First report: meeting with student to discuss expectations
- Second report: warning letter to parents
- Third report: removal from the bus for one week. Fees will NOT be reimbursed.
- Fourth report: permanent exclusion from bus service
Any further reports will be dealt with on an individual basis, although it is not envisaged that any of our students would reach this stage.